Makes 48| Total Time:
- On a floured surface, roll pieces of the basic sugar cookie dough into ½-inch-thick cords, then cut into 3-inch lengths (do not substitute slice-and-bake dough in this recipe).
- Refrigerate on baking sheets until firm.
- Brush with a beaten egg and sprinkle with a mixture of ½ cup chopped pecans and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake at 350° F on parchment-lined baking sheets until just beginning to brown, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Set baking sheets in the center of the oven rack, two inches between them, so heat circulates evenly.