- On a floured surface, roll pieces of the basic sugar cookie dough into ½-inch-thick cords, then cut into 3-inch lengths (do not substitute slice-and-bake dough in this recipe).
- Refrigerate on baking sheets until firm.
- Brush with a beaten egg and sprinkle with a mixture of ½ cup chopped pecans and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake at 350° F on parchment-lined baking sheets until just beginning to brown, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.