- kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound total)
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- lettuce and buttered toast, for serving
- Bring a large skillet of salted water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
- Add the chicken and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the chicken and, using 2 forks, shred.
- Toss the chicken with the carrots, pecans, mayonnaise, raisins, parsley, lemon juice, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
- Serve the chicken salad on top of the lettuce and with the buttered toast on the side.