Makes 24 bars| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with the cooking spray. Line the pan with 2 crisscrossed pieces of parchment, leaving an overhang on all sides; spray the parchment with the cooking spray.
- Make the crust: In a food processor, combine the flour, butter, sugar, and salt; pulse until fine crumbs form. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake until pale golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, honey, granulated sugar, and cream; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the pecans and vanilla. Spread over the crust and let cool in the pan, about 1 hour.
- Holding both sides of the paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan, transfer to a cutting board, and cut into 24 rectangles (6 rows by 4 rows). Store the bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cookie
- Calories 199Calories From Fat 119
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 17mg
- Sodium 24mg
- Protein 2g
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Sugar 13g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 15mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For a change of pace, use a mix of nuts in the topping. Try a combination of pecans, walnuts, almonds, and cashews.