- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3cup granulated sugar
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2cup packed light brown sugar
- 4tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4cup honey
- 1/4cup granulated sugar
- 2tablespoons heavy cream
- 2cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with the cooking spray. Line the pan with 2 crisscrossed pieces of parchment, leaving an overhang on all sides; spray the parchment with the cooking spray.
- Make the crust: In a food processor, combine the flour, butter, sugar, and salt; pulse until fine crumbs form. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake until pale golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, honey, granulated sugar, and cream; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the pecans and vanilla. Spread over the crust and let cool in the pan, about 1 hour.
- Holding both sides of the paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan, transfer to a cutting board, and cut into 24 rectangles (6 rows by 4 rows). Store the bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.