Pear Bread Pudding
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 375º F.
- Butter a 9-inch square pan.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk, sugar, butter, and salt until small bubbles form. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, then add the warm milk mixture in a slow stream, whisking constantly.
- Layer the square pan with the bread. Top with the pears. Pour the milk-egg mixture into the baking pan and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Bake until golden, about 35 minutes. Top with the Cheddar, if desired, and bake until the cheese is melted, 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.
- Per Serving
- Calories 519Calories From Fat 39%
- Calcium 410mg
- Carbohydrate 61g
- Cholesterol 261mg
- Fat 23g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 21mg
- Sat Fat 12g
- Sodium 626mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Use a paring knife to cut fruits and vegetables.