Peanut Butter Crunch Cookies
Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Using an electric mixer set on high speed, cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl. Lower to medium speed and add the egg, peanut butter, and vanilla. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture on low speed. Beat until incorporated. Fold in the rice cereal and peanuts.
- Form the dough into approximately 1 1/2 -inch balls. Place on parchment- or foil-lined baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Gently press the cookies with the back of a fork to create classic hatch marks. Use your thumb to create a shallow well in the center of each cookie and fill with a spoonful of jam, if desired.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
- Per Serving
- Calories 76Calories From Fat 55%
- Calcium 7mg
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Cholesterol 9mg
- Fat 5g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Protein 2mg
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 69mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .