Peach French Toast
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- In a large skillet, over medium-low heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter until it foams. Add the brown sugar and stir for 30 seconds. Add the peaches, raise heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the cream and simmer for 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat oven to 200° F. Place 4 slices of the bread on a cutting board. Divide the peach mixture evenly among the slices, leaving a 1/2-inch border on all sides. Top with another slice of bread and press gently.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs and cinnamon. Working in batches, soak the sandwiches in the egg mixture for 2 minutes per side.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry 2 sandwiches until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining butter and sandwiches.
- Beat the remaining cream until soft peaks form. Halve each sandwich on the diagonal, sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar, and serve with the whipped cream.
- Per Serving
- Calories 504.5Calories From Fat 64%
- Calcium 140.25mg
- Carbohydrate 36.2g
- Cholesterol 260.05mg
- Fat 36.12g
- Fiber 1.97g
- Iron 2.81mg
- Protein 10.17mg
- Sat Fat 20.71g
- Sodium 416.11mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .