Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 8 peaches (about 2 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a bowl, toss the peaches with ¼ cup of the sugar and 2 tablespoons of the flour; transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a food processor, combine the remaining 1¼ cups flour and ¼ cup sugar with the butter, baking powder, and salt. Pulse until coarse crumbs form. Add the cream and pulse just until moistened (the dough will be slightly shaggy). Drop spoonfuls of the batter onto the peaches.
- Place the baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until golden brown and bubbly, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 442
- Fat 22g
- Sat Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 66mg
- Sodium 184mg
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrate 60g
- Sugar 34g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 41g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If peaches aren’t in season, you can use two 16-ounce bags of frozen sliced peaches (thawed and drained).