- 8 peaches (about 2 1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a bowl, toss the peaches with ¼ cup of the sugar and 2 tablespoons of the flour; transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a food processor, combine the remaining 1¼ cups flour and ¼ cup sugar with the butter, baking powder, and salt. Pulse until coarse crumbs form. Add the cream and pulse just until moistened (the dough will be slightly shaggy). Drop spoonfuls of the batter onto the peaches.
- Place the baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until golden brown and bubbly, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.