Peach and Blueberry Buckle
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt or table salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 peaches, each cut into 8 wedges (about 4 cups)
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 350° F. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add half the flour mixture, then the sour cream, and then the remaining flour mixture, mixing well between additions. Fold in the peaches and blueberries. (Don’t worry if there seems to be too much fruit in proportion to batter. The batter will rise around it while baking.)
- Transfer the batter to an 8-by-8-inch or other 2-quart baking dish and sprinkle with the almonds. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (aim for the batter, not the fruit), 1 hour to 1 hour, 20 minutes. Let cool slightly. Dust with the confectioners’ sugar and serve warm.
- Per Serving
- Calories 409
- Fat 17g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 67mg
- Sodium 285mg
- Protein 6g
- Carbohydrate 60g
- Sugar 35g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 84mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make this seasonal sweet a year-round treat with 2 cups of frozen blueberries and 1 16-ounce bag of frozen sliced peaches.