- 1 9-inch refrigerated rolled piecrust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 4 ounces Gruyere, grated (about 1 cup)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 scallions, sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- green salad, for serving
- Heat oven to 375° F with the rack in the lowest position. Press the piecrust into a 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle the bottom with the cheese.
- Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, peas, scallions, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Pour the mixture in the piecrust. Bake until the crust is golden brown and the filling is set, 50 to 55 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve the quiche warm or at room temperature with the salad.