Pea, Feta, and Crispy Prosciutto Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 thin slices prosciutto (2 ounces)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh peas in the pod, shelled (about 2 cups), or 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces Feta, crumbled (1⁄2 cup)
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 450° F. Place the prosciutto in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until beginning to darken, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool (the prosciutto will crisp as it cools), then crumble.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the peas and cook until tender, 5 to 7 minutes (1 to 2 minutes if frozen). Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the peas with the oil, Feta, scallions, prosciutto, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Per Serving
- Calories 188
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 24mg
- Sodium 805mg
- Protein 10g
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 94mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Don’t want to turn on the oven? The prosciutto can also be crisped in a skillet: Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 2 minutes per side.