Pea and Scallion Risotto
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, plus more if needed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces), plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until absorbed.
- Add half the broth (1 ¾ cups) and simmer, stirring once, until absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the remaining broth and simmer, stirring once, until the rice is tender and creamy, 8 to 10 minutes. (If the rice is not cooked through and the mixture is dry, add more broth and continue to cook until tender.)
- Stir in peas and scallions and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan and the remaining tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle with the parsley and additional Parmesan, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 395
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 561mg
- Protein 15g
- Carbohydrate 48g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 191mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To thaw frozen peas quickly, place them in a colander and run them under cold water until thawed.