- 3/4pound cavatappi or other short pasta
- 4 slices bacon
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound), halved and thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1pint grape tomatoes
- 3/4cup Feta, crumbled (4 ounces)
- 1/2cup fresh basil leaves
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes; transfer to a plate, let cool, then break into pieces. Reserve the skillet.
- Add the oil, zucchini, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the drippings in the skillet and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, tomatoes, and cooking water to the pasta and cook over medium heat, tossing, until the tomatoes soften slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the Feta and bacon and toss to combine. Serve sprinkled with the basil.