Pasta With Chicken Sausage and Broccoli
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 12 ounces rigatoni (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 ounces fully cooked chicken sausage links, sliced
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets and stems sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook, stirring, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and 1 ¼ cups water and simmer, covered, until the broccoli is tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the sausage mixture, including any remaining liquid, and the Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 512
- Fat 11g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Sodium 40mg
- Protein 27g
- Carbohydrate 80g
- Fiber 8g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .