- 2 1/2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1-pound box Barilla Plus pasta
- 2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2cups torn fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2cup freshly grated Parmesan (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes and cook until they burst and release their juices, about 5 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper, then add the garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is done. Just before draining the pasta, add the basil to the tomatoes and stir.
- Remove pan from heat. Drain the pasta and place it in a serving dish. Spoon the tomato mixture over the top; sprinkle with the Parmesan, if desired; and serve.