Pasta With Tuna and Black Olive Vinaigrette
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 12 ounces regular or whole-wheat rigatoni or penne
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 6-ounce cans tuna, drained
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the capers and olives and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the parsley and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Add the lemon juice, pepper, and the remaining oil.
- Divide the pasta among individual bowls. Top with the tuna and olive vinaigrette.
- Per Serving
- Calories 648Calories From Fat 47%
- Fat 34g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 585mg
- Carbohydrate 55g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 35g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Consider splurging on Italian olive oil-packed tuna. Its robust flavor makes everyday meals extraordinary.