regular or whole-wheat rigatoni or penne
extra-virgin olive oil
cloves garlic, finely chopped
capers, rinsed, drained, and chopped
kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
fresh lemon juice
6-ounce cans tuna, drained
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the capers and olives and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the parsley and cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Add the lemon juice, pepper, and the remaining oil.
- Divide the pasta among individual bowls. Top with the tuna and olive vinaigrette.