Pasta With Sausage and Tomatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 28-ounce cans whole peeled tomatoes, broken up with your hands
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3/4 pound sweet or hot Italian sausage links
- 12 ounces cavatappi or some other short pasta
- 3 cups baby spinach (2 1/2 ounces)
- grated Parmesan, for serving
- Heat oven to 450° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, mix the tomatoes (with their juices) and garlic with the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast until the tomatoes have charred in spots and the juices have thickened, 40 to 45 minutes.
- After the tomatoes have roasted for 20 minutes, place the sausage on a second rimmed baking sheet. Roast, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 15 to 17 minutes. Thinly slice the sausage.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Add the tomatoes, sausage, spinach, and 2 tablespoons of the cooking water and toss to combine (add more cooking water if the pasta seems dry). Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 616
- Fat 20g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 1,569mg
- Protein 23g
- Carbohydrate 82g
- Sugar 16g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 7mg
- Calcium 36mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .