Pasta With Sausage and Red Bell Pepper
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, crumbling with the back of a wooden spoon, until it's browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining 1/2 cup of oil over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cooked sausage and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the pasta water, red pepper, salt, and parsley and bring to a boil. Toss with the cooked pasta.
- Per Serving
- Calories 1,054Calories From Fat 56%
- Fat 66g
- Sat Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 86mg
- Sodium 1,426mg
- Carbohydrate 89g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 31g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .