- 1/2pound whole-grain pasta
- 2teaspoons canola oil
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), halved and sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 6-ounce pieces skinless salmon fillet
- 1 bunch flat-leaf spinach, thick stems removed
- 1/4cup green olives, slivered
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the leeks, season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper, and cook until beginning to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Push the leeks to one side of the pan. Add the salmon, cover, and cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 5 minutes per side. Flake the salmon and toss with the pasta, spinach, olives, lemon juice, and pasta water.