- 8ounces (1/2 box) penne
- 1pound asparagus (ends trimmed), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4cup Parmesan pieces (1 ounce)
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1teaspoon grated lemon zest
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook the penne according to the package directions, adding the asparagus during the last 3 ½ minutes of cooking.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Transfer the penne and asparagus to a large bowl.
- Add the Parmesan, oil, lemon juice and zest, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and toss to combine.