- 1 1-pound box penne
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as chervil, tarragon, and flat-leaf parsley)
- zest of 1 lemon, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserving ⅓ cup of the water, drain the pasta, then return it to the pot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, ricotta, and reserved pasta water until a rich, creamy sauce forms.
- Pour the sauce over the hot pasta. Add the herbs, zest, salt, and pepper and toss.