Rebecca Miller’s Pasta With Ricotta and Heirloom Tomatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 pounds heirloom or other tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as chives, flat-leaf parsley, basil, and tarragon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 12 ounces penne (3/4 box)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce), plus more for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, herbs, lemon juice, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Let stand, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Spread the pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, tossing occasionally, until golden, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the ricotta, Parmesan, and enough of the reserved pasta water to create a creamy sauce. Top with the tomato mixture and pine nuts. Serve with more Parmesan, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 508
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 23mg
- Sodium 470mg
- Protein 22g
- Carbohydrate 74g
- Sugar 9g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 263mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .