- 2pounds heirloom or other tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as chives, flat-leaf parsley, basil, and tarragon)
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 12ounces penne (3/4 box)
- 2tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2cup ricotta
- 1/4cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce), plus more for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, herbs, lemon juice, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Let stand, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and return it to the pot.
- Spread the pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, tossing occasionally, until golden, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the ricotta, Parmesan, and enough of the reserved pasta water to create a creamy sauce. Top with the tomato mixture and pine nuts. Serve with more Parmesan, if desired.