Pasta With Peppers and Mozzarella
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 12 ounces short pasta (such as gemelli or penne; about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bunches arugula, thick stems removed (about 6 cups)
- 12 ounces bocconcini (small balls of fresh mozzarella), cut in half, or fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-size pieces
- kosher salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and set aside. Wipe out the pot.
- Heat the oil in the pasta pot over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the arugula, bocconcini, cooked pasta, reserved pasta water, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until the arugula is just wilted, about 1 minute.
- Per Serving
- Calories 684Calories From Fat 40%
- Protein 36g
- Carbohydrate 72g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 4g
- Fat 30g
- Sat Fat 12g
- Sodium 1235mg
- Cholesterol 39mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To slice a soft cheese easily, first freeze it for 20 minutes. Bring the slices to room temperature before continuing with the recipe.