- 12ounces short pasta (such as gemelli or penne; about 4 cups)
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bunches arugula, thick stems removed (about 6 cups)
- 12ounces bocconcini (small balls of fresh mozzarella), cut in half, or fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-size pieces
- kosher salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta, and set aside. Wipe out the pot.
- Heat the oil in the pasta pot over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the peppers are tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the arugula, bocconcini, cooked pasta, reserved pasta water, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook, stirring, until the arugula is just wilted, about 1 minute.