Pasta With Peas and Pork
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cooked pork cutlets, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 small head radicchio, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta, peas, pork, radicchio, chicken broth, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook until the liquid is absorbed and the meat and vegetables are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Toss with lemon juice and more salt to taste. Top with the basil.
- Per Serving
- Calories 695
- Calcium 65mg
- Carbohydrate 92g
- Cholesterol 76mg
- Fat 18g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 6mg
- Protein 42mg
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 350mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Garlic cooks very quickly, so have the other ingredients ready to go before you put it in the pan. Adding them will lower the temperature of the oil, preventing the garlic from burning.