- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup (3 ounces) Niçoise or other green olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata or other black olives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook the spaghetti al dente, according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water and drain.
- Meanwhile, add the garlic, green olives, parsley, and basil to a food processor. With the motor running, slowly add the oil and process until fully incorporated.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the olive pesto for 2 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti, reserved pasta water, black olives, and salt and cook until the water is absorbed and the spaghetti is heated through.