- 12 ounces gemelli or other short pasta
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 ounces crumbled fresh goat cheese
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, puree 2 cups of the basil leaves with the oil until smooth; pour through a fine-mesh sieve and discard the solids.
- Toss the pasta with the basil oil, goat cheese, the remaining 1 cup basil leaves, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.