Pasta With Chicken and Mushrooms
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 pound whole-grain pasta
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut up
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until browned, 4 to 6 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Add the olive oil, onion, and mushrooms to the skillet; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, add the tomatoes and broth, and cook until the sauce has thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and vegetables, Parmesan, and parsley to the pasta and toss to combine.
- Per Serving
- Calories 451
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 53mg
- Sodium 318mg
- Protein 31g
- Carbohydrate 50g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 9g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 150mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.