Pasta With Chicken and Bacon
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 12 ounces rigatoni
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- Cook 12 ounces rigatoni according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, 5 to 6 minutes; remove and crumble.
- Add the chicken to the bacon drippings in the skillet and cook over medium-heat, turning, until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, tossing, until beginning to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken mixture, spinach, bacon, and ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water to the pasta and toss to combine (add more water if pasta seems dry).
- Per Serving
- Calories 629Calories From Fat 141
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 111mg
- Sodium 375mg
- Protein 51g
- Carbohydrate 70g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 65mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Any shape pasta will work with this recipe. Try penne, capanelle, cavatelli, or gemelli.