- 8ounces pappardelle or fettuccine
- 1 1/2cups frozen peas
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Italian sausage links (about 1 pound)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2cup half-and-half
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces), plus more for serving
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the peas during the last minute of cooking. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta and peas, and return them to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the sausages, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, half-and-half, Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the egg mixture and reserved cooking water to the pasta and peas in the pot. Cook over low heat, tossing gently, until the sauce is slightly thickened and coats the pasta. Serve with the sausage and additional cheese.