Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 bunch broccoli (1 pound), cut into small pieces, stalks peeled and thinly sliced (6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread, ground in a food processor (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the broccoli in lightly salted boiling water until crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bread crumbs and thyme. Toast until golden, then remove from heat.
- Add the Parmesan, broccoli, and a few grinds of pepper. Toss.
- Per Serving
- Calories 143Calories From Fat 58%
- Calcium 174mg
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Cholesterol 24mg
- Fat 9g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 8mg
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 221mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If pressed for time, use packages of presliced vegetables found at most supermarkets.