- 4 6-ounce pieces skinless halibut fillet
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 small orange, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 10-ounce package spinach, thick stems removed (about 16 cups)
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place the fish on one side of four 12- to 15-inch lengths of parchment.
- Season the fish with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Top with thyme and orange slices.
- Fold the parchment over the fish; make small overlapping folds along the edges to seal. Transfer to 2 baking sheets and bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach, basil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Carefully cut the packets open and serve with the spinach.