Paprika-Spiced Pork Chops With Spinach Sauté
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops (about 1 inch thick; 2 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 10-ounce package spinach (about 16 loosely packed cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chops with the paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chops to a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the oven until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, return the skillet to medium heat. Add the scallions and raisins and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice. Serve with the chops.
- Per Serving
- Calories 301
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 81mg
- Sodium 485mg
- Protein 34g
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 119mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.