- 3/4pound pappardelle or fettuccine
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, stems discarded and leaves cut into 1-inch strips
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chard and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Add the chard mixture, 3 ounces of the goat cheese, ¾ cup of the reserved cooking water, and ½ teaspoon salt to the pasta and toss until the goat cheese melts and coats the pasta (add more cooking water as needed to loosen the sauce).
- Serve sprinkled with the remaining ounce of goat cheese.