- 1 loaf panettone (32 to 35 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2cups heavy cream
- 2cups whole milk
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2cup sugar
- 2teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- butter for the baking dish
- Heat oven to 325° F.
- Place the panettone in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, eggs, yolks, sugar, zest, and vanilla. Pour over the bread cubes. Let soak for 5 minutes, stirring gently 2 or 3 times.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes. Serve warm.