Pan-Seared Lemon Sole
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Place the flour on a plate. Season the sole with the salt and then coat it in the flour, shaking to remove any excess; set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the lemon and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Push the lemon to the side and add the sole (in batches if needed). Cook until the sole is the same color throughout and flakes easily, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the capers and remaining butter. Remove skillet from heat and tilt to swirl butter until it melts.
- Transfer the sole and lemon to plates and spoon the capers and butter over the top.
- Per Serving
- Calories 283Calories From Fat 44%
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 112mg
- Sodium 502mg
- Carbohydrate 6g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 33g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve with steamed green beans and herbed rice. Cook long-grain white rice according to package directions; fluff and fold in chopped parsley and chives.