- 1/4cup all-purpose flour
- 4 sole fillets
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 1/2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lemon, ends trimmed, sliced into 12 thin circles
- 2tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- Place the flour on a plate. Season the sole with the salt and then coat it in the flour, shaking to remove any excess; set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the lemon and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Push the lemon to the side and add the sole (in batches if needed). Cook until the sole is the same color throughout and flakes easily, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the capers and remaining butter. Remove skillet from heat and tilt to swirl butter until it melts.
- Transfer the sole and lemon to plates and spoon the capers and butter over the top.