Pan-Seared Dumpling Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 frozen dumplings, pot stickers, or Japanese gyoza
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems removed
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the dumplings and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Add 3 tablespoons water and cook, covered, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining canola oil in another skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the edamame, ginger, and 2 tablespoons water. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until the edamame are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the watercress and ½ teaspoon salt and toss until just wilted. Divide among bowls. Top with the dumplings.
- Whisk the sesame oil, rice vinegar, and soy sauce in a small bowl and drizzle over each salad.
- Per Serving
- Calories 453Calories From Fat 32%
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 783mg
- Carbohydrate 66g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 16g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .