frozen dumplings, pot stickers, or Japanese gyoza
shallots, thinly sliced
frozen shelled edamame
bunches watercress, thick stems removed
low-sodium soy sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the dumplings and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Add 3 tablespoons water and cook, covered, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining canola oil in another skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the edamame, ginger, and 2 tablespoons water. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until the edamame are heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the watercress and ½ teaspoon salt and toss until just wilted. Divide among bowls. Top with the dumplings.
- Whisk the sesame oil, rice vinegar, and soy sauce in a small bowl and drizzle over each salad.