Pan-Roasted Salmon and White Beans
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon steaks, about 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 14 1/2-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 16-ounce can small white navy beans (drained)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Dredge the fish in the flour. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Add the fish and brown about 3 minutes on each side. Carefully lift the fish out of the skillet and set it aside on a platter; sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, and garlic to the skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and return the fish to the pan along with the tarragon. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork or the tip of a knife.
- Per Serving
- Calories 505
- Calcium 142mg
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Cholesterol 100mg
- Fat 26g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 41mg
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 673mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
This recipe also works with halibut, sea bass, or tuna steaks.