Pan-Roasted Salmon and Tomatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Dredge the fish in the flour. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Add the fish and brown about 3 minutes on each side.
- Carefully lift the fish out of the skillet and set it aside on a platter; sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic to the skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and return the fish to the pan. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork or the tip of a knife.
- Remove the fish to a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Increase heat to high, add the basil, and reduce the sauce, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 422
- Calcium 128mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Cholesterol 100mg
- Fat 25g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 36mg
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 949mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
This recipe also works with halibut, sea bass, or tuna steaks.