Pan-Roasted Salmon and Sweet Onions
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon steaks, about 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup oil-cured black olives (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or water
- Dredge the fish in the flour. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it shimmers. Add the fish and brown about 3 minutes on each side.
- Carefully lift the fish out of the skillet and set it aside on a platter; sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Add the garlic and onions to the skillet sauté until onions are limp. Return the fish to the pan along with the thyme, olive, and wine or water.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork or the tip of a knife.
- Per Serving
- Calories 444
- Calcium 61mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Cholesterol 100mg
- Fat 27g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 35mg
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 538mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .