Pan-Roasted Cod and Fennel With Spinach Couscous
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bulb fennel, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless cod or some other firm white fish fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups flat-leaf spinach (1 1/2 ounces), chopped
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fennel, onion, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until beginning to soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the wine.
- Season the cod with the coriander and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and nestle in the vegetables. Transfer the skillet to oven and roast until the cod is opaque throughout, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the package directions. Fluff with a fork and fold in the spinach. Serve with the cod and vegetables.
- Per Serving
- Calories 387
- Fat 9g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 65mg
- Sodium 380mg
- Protein 35g
- Carbohydrate 43g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 84mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .