Pan-Grilled Tomato Salad With Lemon Dressing
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 8-ounce piece of Feta cheese (not crumbled)
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 6 cups arugula
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of the oil, the lemon juice, capers, and parsley. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain and run under cold water.
- Cut the Feta into 4 slices. Set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season the tomato slices with thyme, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute per side.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Coat the Feta in bread crumbs and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Arrange the arugula, tomatoes, beans, and Feta on plates and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
- Per Serving
- Calories 360Calories From Fat 239
- Fat 27g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 1,077mg
- Protein 15g
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 315mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To get more juice from a lemon, roll it on the counter a few times before squeezing.