Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- drippings from the roasting pan
- 2 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- When the turkey is cool enough to handle, move it to a large platter. Spoon 4 tablespoons of fat from the drippings in the roasting pan into a medium saucepan and set aside. Discard any extra fat that remains in the roasting pan.
- Pour the chicken broth into the roasting pan and place over medium-low heat. Stir to loosen any bits stuck to the pan; remove from heat. Whisk the flour into the fat in the saucepan, then add the contents of the roasting pan to the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the gravy thickens and boils, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- TO FAKE IT...AND SAVE 15 MINUTES:
Open two 12-oz. jars turkey gravy and heat with 2 tablespoons dry vermouth. Total time: 10 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 83
- Calcium 7mg
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Cholesterol 7mg
- Fat 7g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 0mg
- Protein 2mg
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 157mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .