- 4tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 medium summer squash, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 4 3- to 4-ounce skinless catfish fillets
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, squash, bell pepper, onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and refrigerate until cool. Wipe out the skillet.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cooled vegetables with the vinegar, parsley, basil, and 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Season the fish with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with the salsa.